Sunday 1 December 2013

The view from my new office

I've found a new place to work while I am here in Cape Town. I started grading care plans and reading final papers for my on-line clinical nurse leader class I am teaching at 7:30am in my favorite little shop Cocoa Wah Wah, finally left when I felt like I outstayed my welcome three hours later. The people who work there have come to know me as "the nursing professor from the States", apparently it's a favorite hang out for my students as well. As my students say, it has a great "vibe". Sound a little retro and it actually is...they have a great play list with all my favorite alternative rock from the late 80's and early 90's...yes, a lifetime ago.

Ok, so I digressed. Anyway...got bored there and could't face sitting in my flat. It was a perfect summer day and I know that I don't have many of those left since I will be leaving in 2 weeks. I am excited to be home to see everyone, but nothing about me is happy with going back to 30 degree weather and dark at 5pm. So...I decided to work at the beach. Ya, right you say, I bet you got a lot done! I actually did get through 6 out of 16 care plans, graded two final papers and finalized the exam I am giving Friday morning. Not a bad day in the office. I am posting two pictures, one of my office and the other of the view from my office.

This is going to be a crazy week for both student and teacher. They have a paper due for me tomorrow night (which means 16 more papers to grade), 2 exams on Friday and 2 exams on Saturday. I think there will be some celebrating to be done in Cape Town on Saturday night.

Well, all I can say is it doesn't get much better than the view from my new office.



No comments:

Post a Comment