Saturday 9 November 2013

Para Gliding off Signal Hill over looking ocean and Table Mountain

Yes, I para glided for a while until I became nauseous, so that was the end of that. It was so relaxing and beautiful, I am really angry with my inability to withstand motion. I asked the instructor if it would be worse if I parachuted out a plane, and believe it or not he said that wouldn't make me sick! Maybe I will do it this summer. I wasn't able to get many pictures because I was too busy keeping the banana I just ate in my stomach, but I'll share what I have. I wish I could show them all to you, there is a distinct progression in the look on my face, all smiles and then holding it in. Oh well, I tried.

Another week of clinical and teaching under my belt. I am shocked at how much prep time it takes me to prepare for 16 hours of lecturing. I hope my students are studying as much as I am prepping. Judging from the quiz I gave them yesterday they are all studying. I will up my game on the next quiz and make it a little more challenging. I'm sure they would disagree.

My goal for tomorrow is to head back out to Camps Bay and find the running area I have been reading about. I try to go one new place each weekend day because I know I don't have time or energy during the week.

This is flying by really fast. Sorry to brag, but the weather is fantastic. I will be so depressed getting off that plane at JFK. Good thing I will have Christmas and all the kids home to look forward to.







1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading your last couple of posts.. Sounds like you are keeping busy. So jealous of the beach weather. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete