Friday 15 November 2013

Running in Rondebosch

I've been trying to take advantage of the really nice weather and run whenever I can. Only problem is I'm finding it really boring and hard to stay motivated. I am running on Rondebosch Common which is right across from my apartment and has a beautiful view of Table Mountain and Lion's head, but it is very flat, one time around is about 1.7 miles so I do it twice. I have added on another street that is adjacent, but again it's flat and boring.

I need to be able to get to and from Camps Bay (the ocean) and run along the promenade, I can get there just fine, but always get lost coming home! My goal for this weekend was to get out there and find a route on the beach that has a little more to offer than flat roads. I guess I miss running in Hebron and on Uconn campus, too bad it will be winter when I get back, dark and cold.

Despite the flat, boring terrain, I find myself amazed that I am running in South Africa, hours away from home listening to the same play list that I listen to when I'm in CT. It always amazes me that we can get on a plane and like magic, 15 hours later, you are essentially a day away from where you just came from. When I am getting up in the morning my kids are still awake, but it's another day from them. I'm starting my day and they haven't gone to bed yet. I can't even keep up with the time change from Arizona, so I haven't been able to connect with Kyle very often.

I don't know why it took me so long to discover Skype. I am finding it's the best way to communicate, if you know me, you know I don't like talking on the phone, but I don't mind using Skype. Seeing the person I'm talking to really helps to stay connected.

It is supposed to rain all weekend, which is fine, I have a ton of work to do to prep for the week coming up. The semester is flying by and a big part of me doesn't want it to end. So I am trying to enjoy the time I have, see everything I can and enjoy this adventure.

I'm attaching two pictures, one of me working with a student teaching newborn assessment and the other from the commons that I run on. My apartment is in the background next to the red roof.



No comments:

Post a Comment