Sunday 17 November 2013

Taking a digger

I finally found my way to the beach area where I wanted to run. Didn't get lost getting there or coming home, I am very impressed with myself. Except....well, here I am having this wonderful run, ocean to my right, the mist in my face from the crashing waves. Lion's Head and Table Mountain to my left in the distance, a rugby team practicing in the field to my left. Couples, families and dogs everywhere, a beautiful Sunday morning and things couldn't be better. And then of course....I trip on a raised cobblestone brick and take a nasty digger!! There I go left knee, right hip and both hands -- what a way to ruin a perfectly beautiful morning/run. My already broken phone went flying, head phones ripped out of my ears and my pride badly bruised! Not to mention the look of terror on the family that approached me to see if I was alright - they didn't speak English so all I could do is smile and keep running. I was so determined for this little "slip" to not ruin my day. I kept running. In case you are wondering, I had a phone and Ben, one of the people that is involved in the program lives just around the corner so if it had been worse I would have had help.

So, now I am limping around, have a lovely sore looking knee and can't wait to see it tomorrow morning. Just when all the other scabs on my legs had cleared up! The good news is I had a wonderful cup of decaf coffee and breakfast with my leg up on a chair reading the Sunday paper in a coffee shop on the beautiful coast of Cape Town. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment